Grants to individualsThe Foundation awards grants directly to students under the age of 25 undertaking higher/further education or apprenticeships. Consideration will also be given to young people wanting to pursue courses in arts, music, dancing etc.
Conditions of grant
- Students must have been resident in the London Borough of Southwark for at least 2 years prior to the start of their course. A copy of some official correspondence, bank statement, UCAS application, University correspondence etc. must be provided as proof of address.
- All questions on the Application Form must be answered.
- A supporting reference on official headed paper is required from the Student’s tutor or other qualified person, which must be attached to the Application Form. Failure to do this could result in a rejection.
- Once the Application Form and supporting documentation has been received, an informal interview will be arranged at our Foundation Office in Southwark.
- The application should be accompanied by details of current financial position. Copies of your last three bank statements would assist.
- Grants may be split into termly payments dependant on the award.
- All grants are paid upon receipt of an invoice or a receipted invoice.
- All applicants are required to complete the Application Form even if they have had a previous student grant from the Foundation.
- If a grant is not claimed within twelve months without justification, it will be cancelled.
- Grants are not provided for individual salaries, school fees, domestic bills, childcare, food or payment of debts.
> How to apply
> Meetings and Deadlines
^ page top
Nicola Cook, HND Television Production Technology, Greenwich University